4 January 2010

Seascape

8 x 8 inches, oil on Blick Studio panel: SOLD

Well, it has been a while hasn't it, but in November/December I had some commissions to do for exisiting customers and only got back to doing some 'new' stuff a couple of weeks ago.
The new paintings all seem to
be ready at the same time, so I will post some over the next few days to spread them out.

So ........... hands up those of you who thought I could only do black backgrounds (you may as well keep them up as there are more to come - I'd hate to disappoint you ;-)
No prizes for figuring out the title I'm afraid!

7 comments:

  1. Outstanding Paul. Yep. Great background.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy! How cleverly original this painting is! I jumped on my chair the moment I saw it and read the title, it's incredible, I love it!
    Best regards,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i put my hand down now? it's ok i type with one finger:) exquisite handling of the glass and the contortions. very nice:)) r.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your site by way of LokeLani's blog and I'm so glad I did! Beautiful paintings! "Seascape is outstanding"! I'm going to stay around a while and continue to feast my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul. Lovely to 'meet' you! Really appreciated you popping into my blog and leaving your comments there. I am admirer of your paintings and will add you to my blogroll so I can follow your progres, if you don't mind.

    I think you're right when it comes to 'painting what you love and it will show' I am not sure the stones are what I love, but there is something about painting them THAT I love...
    Ps. Yay that you're from Liverpool...!!
    Regards
    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul,
    The painting is perfect, and I love the title. The background suits the subjects and the colours in the painting. Looking forward to seeing more soon. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect is the word! I checked out all your artwork; it is outstandingly beautiful and realistic. You are very talented Paul!

    ReplyDelete