15 October 2010

Gone but forgotten?

10 x 8 inches, oil on Belgian linen panel


12 x 9 inches, oil on Belgian linen panel

Right, excuses for not posting for months ................ hmmm! Well ...... how can I put it? I was abducted by aliens, struck down by some debilitating disease, captured and held for ransom by the Crimes Against Bad Artwork fanatics. Well, nothing even remotely that interesting ;-)
I have been painting but everything seemed to be taking so long to finish and many of them were re-workings of subjects that have already been posted before so I didn't want to post them and bore everyone to death ;-)

I also had about three paintings that just didn't work at all and will be binned or painted over, it was a pretty self doubting couple of months.

Anyway, here are a few of the latest ones and I will post more over the next few days, just to prove that I haven't just been sunning myself on a beach in the Caribbean miles away from brushes and paints.
They are grapes and quinces and very seasonal at the moment over here in France.

These paintings are going to the Elliot Foutts gallery in Sacramento who have been taking most of my work for the last 5 months or so.

14 comments:

  1. Well, it was worthy to wait, this two last paintings are very well compose, the grays and the green look good together. I wish you good luck on your shows in Sacramento.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to be painting than spending hours at the computer.. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. sunning yourself in the caribbean seems like a perfectly decent excuse to me.
    These beauties are definitely worth the wait. I particularly like the curl of the leaf onto the table in the second piece. elegantly done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant and refined work as one would expect from you Paul. Worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I was abducted by aliens, too...! Just kidding. Actually your experience of the past few months sounds so familiar I might have written it myself. It's so good to see your post, it gives me hope.

    Very beautiful work, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. muy bueno!

    http://maruiturria.blogspot.com
    http://maruiturria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. No pressure about post frequency, take your time. I'd love to see some of those binned failures, though. Always incredible textures and forms, Paul. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! It was worth the wait. You surely do know how to work those colors against gray, yumyum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As good as ever Paul, will we be seeing some more soon or are you of for another whizz around the universe in your spaceship ! Ahh "MARS" thats where you get those beautiful biscuits from. Keith

    ReplyDelete
  10. These seem to be a very good showing for the past few months! :) Nice to see what you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well self examining ones self is a human thing and needs to be done now and then Paul I think even more so in the creative minds we seem to be blessed and cursed with. I hope you have it sorted out now and are ready to hit the trail hard. This one is just beautiful and well worth waiting for.
    God bless and keep inspired and inspiring us-your grateful followers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad the aliens let you go, Paul!

    Good to see you posting here again!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. hola paul,te queria felicitar por todo lo que haces,todo esto es maravilloso!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes it's just plain hard to keep up with the blogging thing when there is work to do that takes a long time. Your paintings look like they do take a long time, and they are beautiful.

    Apparently you didn't trash everything! I'm happy to see them.

    Hey I'd like to see the rejects too, just for fun. (Of course if you're like some of us, those stay in the corners of the studio with their faces to the wall, like naughty children.)

    ReplyDelete